Friday, February 23, 2018

still plugging away


A few daffodils and jonquils in my backyard bloomed this week. I felt spring had arrived and smiled all day. I got a few collages done.

A day or two later more cold weather, wind and rain arrived. I had no ideas for collages so I occupied myself with ink experiments. 

Cards #47-53. I seem to be working in small batches every few days now instead of the daily sessions I did at the beginning of January.



Me at the beginning of the week



Me a few days later

This collage started as one thing, became something else, and finally became covered with black paint when I didn't like any of the results. I got some practice lettering with my new nib.


















My version of color swatching.

LEFT:
Red & Bright Red
Yellow & Golden Yellow
Blue






BELOW:
Blue, Turquoise, Grass Green
Red & Yellow








LEFT:
Red & Grass Green

Red lines were made with Speedball nib dipped in Red.

I drew over the outer lines with a Black Pitt pen.

No comments: