Sunday, February 25, 2018

new worktable

Since the beginning of the year I have been using my dining room table for both sewing and collage-paint-ink experiments, as well as for eating meals. It finally became obvious that it wasn't a good situation. The table would become cluttered with all my art supplies and boxes of clippings and I would have to clear away everything so I could spread out my sewing things. Then I would have to clear away the sewing things before I ate. So that was one thing.

The other thing was that working on my sewing projects was taking a toll on my back. I would spend hours bending over a too-low table and have to suffer with a painfully stiff back for several days before I could get back to work. Then it was a vicious cycle of more bending, more stiffness, more delay.





I had seen some folks online who had made workspaces with some 36 inch tall cubicle storage units and that seemed like something I could put together quickly. I still had two old 24x80" doors I removed from a closet and I thought they might make a good table top. The doors are temporarily held in place with a couple of clamps, but I'll screw them to the storage units once I figure out the table's permanent location.


1 comment:

iHanna said...

Dedicated art tables are the best. I really like how this one turned out, with the white sides for storage. Yum!