Friday, January 19, 2018

week 3

Week three of 365 Somethings has gone pretty well, and I've made five more collages. I've been able to mostly do one every day, although once again I had to catch up and do two collages after another busy day.

I find I quite enjoy making time each day for a little creative project. I have no particular time set for art although it's usually an afternoon activity. Sometimes I am taking a break from something else, but I make sure to concentrate on what I'm doing and not to think about other stuff.

If things continue this way, I will soon have an art habit. It supposedly takes about 21 days to create a habit, so I'm only two days away.

Here are the latest five:

#15 - Accidents Will Happen
I liked the subdued green and tan palette I used last week and wanted to try it with red. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Tried to unify elements with crayon scrawls.

#16 - Chicken Feed
Back to green & tan. I once had some fluid acrylic in Jenkins Green, but I must have used it up. I am still finding art supplies here and there and wondering where my wooden burnisher has got to.

#17 - Rethink Again. Technology is a Crap Shoot.
The painted background was one I did way back with Jenkins Green over Hansa Yellow on a Kraft envelope. It's almost the last piece of that batch of experiments.

#18 - Get In Trouble
Playing with red & yellow just for fun. Title from a book of short stories by Kelly Link that I read. Funny, weird, scary stuff. What imagination!

#19 - Navigating the Road of Life
Kiddos and their little red wagons. No clue where they're going. It's a good thing too.

No comments: