Saturday, October 28, 2017

mmm, coffee


I spotted this old Japanese matchbook cover on ebay a few days ago. A really nice illustration, but I've been thinking a lot about coffee ever since. I gave it up more than a year ago because I was drinking way too much of it, and all the sugar and milk I added to it were big negatives for my calorie intake & glucose level.

Last night the temperature dipped down close to freezing for the first time this fall. My hands & self were so cold this morning I decided to bust out the old coffee maker. The bit of coffee I had was a month past its "best by" date but still brewed up nice and strong. The two cans of evaporated milk at the back of the cupboard didn't fare so well; both were curdled badly. No milk for me today.

I found the coffee was quite good without milk. If only I could learn to forego the sugar. Fake sugar just doesn't work for me in coffee.

My dog has just been trying to put her nose in the coffee cup and has generated a six-inch string of slobber in her efforts to snarf the precious brew. Funny puppy, but Ewwww that slobber! She got a dog treat.

No comments: