Monday, October 29, 2018

a liitle paint


One of the house projects I worked on this year was painting the room I call my office. It's a really small bedroom that looked dark and dingy because of the taupe/mauve paint on the walls. Honestly, I don't know what the previous owners had against color. Every wall in the house with drywall was painted this ugly shade. You can see it in the hallway through the doorway.

I had some leftover dark blue paint from my bathroom project and a sample container of light blue paint I wasn't crazy about. Neither amount was enough to paint a room or even an entire wall, so I thought I'd try painting horizontal stripes to see if it would make the room look larger.

I had just enough paint to do the two shortest walls in the room.


I made a narrow shelf to display photos & postcards and painted it to match the wall. I also spray-painted the old filing cabinet and shelf brackets. The color's not quite the same, but it works for me. Here, I've begun putting up some of my Dog Art.

No comments: