Thursday, February 8, 2018

week 5-6

Medusa Goes Vegan
Today I'm posting Collage numbers 33-40, which will bring me up to date for tomorrow.

I got a few more colors of Dr Martin's india ink, so a few collages are me testing different brushes and dilutions. I also gave up the search for my pen nibs and bought two new ones, which meant I had to practice with them, too. I'm still hoping my old nibs will turn up.

I've also been making progress on my quilt project. This is my 2nd quilt. It will be about 68x68 inches square when finished, so it's quite a big larger than the crib-sized quilt I made for my first project. I thought I should make a traditional kind of quilt to start with and after getting this far I find I'm not in love with the process. I'm going to try a more modern method for my next project and see if I like it better.

Quilt blocks ready to assemble


So I've been thinking about wonky log cabin quilt blocks, and some of the other non-traditional methods of assembling modern quilts, and a bit of that thinking carried over to a few of my collages. Or maybe it's the other way around.








No comments: