Thursday, January 25, 2018

week 4

It's been a good week for art although some days it's a struggle to come up with an idea I like. My black Pitt pens arrived and so did my Dr Ph Martin's Bombay Ink, so I have new toys to play with.

#20 Savoir Faire
Acrylic paint & collage on cardboard that didn't take kindly to water.

#21 Lithium City
Blue Aladine ink on a shipping label with acrylic & collage. The ink washed nicely with some interesting patterns along the wrinkled paper.

#22 Red & Blue Geometry
#23 Attending the Phone
#24 ink test
Bombay inks: Bright Red, Golden Yellow and Grass Green. I will be getting more of these inks!

#25 mauled
Imitating John Evans and learning to draw again.

#26 magic coffee
Aladine blue ink over Hansa Yellow acrylic paint and found art. I was surprised the ink turned to green when it was diluted. Did it mix with the acrylic somehow or is it really still blue and creating an optical illusion?

2 comments:

iHanna said...

You've had a very colorful week, I like all these spring colors.

KatheD said...

I understand your struggle to come up with ideas, and I love your work - especially "Attending the Phone" which gave me a nice chuckle this afternoon.