Wednesday, January 8, 2014

retrolicious hardware

Yay! The postman brought my two small packages of hardware yesterday. I had been planning to buy new hardware for the bath but couldn't find any chrome drawer pulls that I liked. The holes in the drawers I have are spaced 3 inches apart, a size that seems less commonly available. I started searching on eBay and found these 4 vintage pulls that were just the right size. I think we had these kind of drawer pulls in the house I lived in as a kid. I also found some classic mushroom pulls for the doors from another eBay seller. They are plain and simple, just the opposite of the "late 70s baroque" in my house. The total cost of these little gems was slightly less than brand new hardware. What a deal! The pulls are stamped "Japan" so they're definitely from sometime in the last century.

No comments: