Monday, December 16, 2013
Ooops, this card didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. It looks better as a scan than it does in reality. The background came from a block-printed fabric that was once a bedspread that later became curtains that finally had too many holes in it to be much use. I used gel medium to glue it to a piece of cardboard, then tried to stencil letters and designs onto it. Unfortunately the fabric is so loosely woven the paint spread so the letters weren't clear. I used a marker to try to sharpen them up but they're still pretty blurry. I only made this one card. I'll make more later, but without stencils.