Monday, January 8, 2018

How do you start your day?


MORNING JOLT AT TURBINE NUMBER FOUR
(pay no attention to the man with the crank)
Day 7
I found some old unopened ink bottles and tried painting with the inks, which included the blue squiggles on the above collage. I was pretty happy with how easily the ink covered and how quickly it dried. My other experiment compared how the ink looked when applied in different ways to a cold press watercolor paper and to another paper with a smooth surface, and what happened when I drew lines across the dried ink with different pens. I'm not sure what the smooth paper is, but I like the results enough that I want to get some hot press watercolor paper and some more colored inks to play with.

Paper on left is smooth board. Paper on right is Arches Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper.
Brown: calligraphy ink in sepia, made in England, maker unknown. 
Darkest blue: Pelikan ink in Cobalt, made in Germany
Turquoise blue: Aladine ink in undetermined blue, made in France

Day 8
Another color combination I don't normally think about using: hot pink & bright yellow.


No comments: